Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 10 - Bali - Ubud

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 16

I can't believe our time in Bali is soon coming to an end! I've had the most amazing time here but I think I'm ready to move on to somewhere new (can't wait for Thailand!). We've just left Ubud and are now in Seminyak which I'm not sure yet if I like.. I think it's a bit too trendy for me haha but we'll see. Ubud was so much fun, I loved that our villa was away from the hustle and bustle.. the walk to and from it was so nice and relaxing. The markets were a little crazy and a bit of a rip off I think (even after bargaining half the price off), I preferred finding little hidden boutiques here and there that sold cheap clothes that were different to the same styles you saw in the main street. The food here is amazing too and there are so many choices on where to go. I think Ubud is a great place for couples and we absolutely loved it! The only thing we didn't like was getting asked 60 times a day "taxi?" "yes taxi?" "taxi mate?" "maybe tomorrow?" lol but you get used to it after a while.

 Here are a list of things..

I absolutely LOVED and would recommend doing in Ubud - 

♥ Staying at The Samara
♥ Going to the Jaens Spa
♥ Eating at Tutmak
♥ Doing the Lobong Cooking Class
♥ Eating at Terazo
♥ Going to Monkey Forest
♥ Eating at Melting Wok
♥ Doing Chez Monique Silver Smith Class

  I would avoid if I were you - 

✘ Eating at Nomad
✘ Eating at Rendezvousdoux
✘ Going to Spa Kerta
✘ Eating at Ibu Rai
✘ Eating at Cafe Angsa

Today I think I want to explore Seminyak a little more and try and find some cheap clothing boutiques (if there are any!). The markets here look pretty interesting too, I might have to check them out as well. Hopefully I can find some bargains.. wish me luck!

xx

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend and I were planning to go to Bali so I love seeing and hearing all about your trip! Good luck finding those bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful, it's been a while since I've been around, between thesis writing and my father-in-law visiting life has been hectic! By the looks of the pictures, you're (still) having an amazing time, as you should be! Patrick lived in Thailand and loved it, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of that place. Walked by T&G and said to P, "L and my hangout!" lol I miss you, can't wait to swap stories! Oh, I'm hosting a little giveaway (with a Timor connection) and I thought it would be great for you (given the stuff we've talked about ;)) Stay safe and happy travels <3

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...