Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Beautiful Life..

IMG_3725 IMG_3767 IMG_3664
IMG_3806
ASOS Swallow Print Peplum Top, Jay Jay Skinny Jeans, Ipanema Thongs,
Ray-Ban Sunnies

Argh so sorry I've been a baaaad blogger lately! Life just seems to be getting in the way of my blog (stupid life! haha).

Over the weekend I went to the coast to relax and unwind. I've been feeling a bit down lately because my skin's out of control and it's been knocking my self esteem around. I've been finding myself avoiding social situations.. which really sucks especially as we're coming into the social season! I thought it might just be the beauty products I was using but now I'm thinking that I've developed adult acne :( It's just so frustrating! I'm hoping to see a dermatologist soon to get it sorted.

This was a lazy outfit that I wore to the beach and out n about on the weekend. No jewellery or fancy accessories. Just thongs, jeans and a top. Simple. I do love wearing this top though, its so bright and playful.. and instantly puts me in a good mood.

I had such a nice time over the weekend... going to the beach, baking goodies, making delicious breakfasts (using fresh eggs from the chooks), going out for dinner, reading 50 shades of grey in the sunshine... mmmmm I wish every weekend was like this. It was perfect timing too because I just changed jobs! Today was my first day in my new job and it was great, everyone is soooo lovely and I'm actually looking forward to going to work instead of dreading it like I used to.

How was your weekend? What'd you get up to?

xx

PS. I did an 'OOTD' video to go with this outfit too, you should check it out and let me know what you think.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad you had a good weekend! Three days makes such a difference doesnt it? I actually felt relaxed after the weekend instead of feeling like it went way to quickly. I am glad we have another one this weekend!
    I hope you can get your skin under control - I thought when we turned twenty we would miraculously get perfect skin - no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely outfit. I like how the blue accents in the top pick up the color from your jeans.

    When I was your age, I had terrible acne. Terrible. My face was always inflamed and I have bad scars to this day. Like you, it made me self-conscious and inhibited my socializing.

    Over time, it slowly diminished and I came to realize that my life is too precious to waste worrying about how others see me. If I could go back and give my younger self advice, it would be: don't worry about this problem; explore and enjoy the world; focus on the good and ignore the bad. We shouldn't forego any opportunity for joy. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I shouldn't let it stop me from doing what I want to do :) You always have the best advice! thank you!!! xx

      Delete
  3. love the top hun! i hope your skin gets better. my sister developed acne at 21, and i had a friend who developed it at aroound 25 because she changed her contraception and it messed with her hormones, have you changed anything recently? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) yeah I came off the pill in april so that prob has something to do with it :( don't want to spend the rest of my life on the pill though. Sucks! Hopefully the derm has a solution for me! xx

      Delete
  4. I love that sound of your weekend. It is what weekends should be (relaxing and doing things you enjoy). I hate it when I skin acts up so I hope it clears up for your. The tops is really cute. I just love Asos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the peplum top, it's not too peplumy (if that makes sense?) the print is pretty as well!
    Spent the weekend going out with friend, enjoying the first weeks back in uni before the workload gets high. Might be doing the same thing this weekend, or sitting in my pjs at home :P
    Any plans for this weekend??

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice outfit! sounds like you had a great weekend. & glad to hear you're enjoying your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely casual outfit! That top has such a nice print and color - totally something I would wear on a day off too :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...