Thursday, April 17, 2014

Our 2 Year Wedding Anniversary!

2 years ago, I was lucky enough to marry the love of my life.. 8 years together and he still gives me butterflies and makes me laugh like no-one else.

w_398

At our wedding, we asked guests (immediate family & partners) to bring letters addressed to us instead of gifts. These letters (including ones Rob and I had written to each other) were placed in a box during the ceremony and the celebrant explained that we would open one letter every anniversary. I'm really glad we did this, as it adds another exciting element to our anniversary each year. 

We also included in the box, memorabilia from the wedding day (photos, music, small gifts) and a bottle of red wine to open on our 10 year wedding anniversary.

1

This year, Rob surprised me by delivering a bunch of beautiful red roses to my work (he's so sweet). We then went out to dinner at Flint in the Vines and opened one of our letters.

IMG_6745

It turned out to be a letter from my mum's partner, Ian, who had written us a really beautiful and thoughtful letter. It was so lovely to read. Dinner itself was amazing too. I had the lamb backstrap and Rob had the braised honey pork loin.

2

After dinner, we came home and watched a little clip I made with pictures and video from our first 2 years of marriage (with sappy love music of course!). It's kind of a tradition I've started. It makes me feel so loved-up watching it, especially the part where we read our vows to each other - makes me teary every time!

Our world is going to change between now and our next anniversary. It won't just be us two anymore.. we'll be a family and I can't wait!

xx

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea with the letters in the box (im totally pinning that!). What a sweet and thoughtful anniversary, Congratulations! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this is the sweetest!! I am totally borrowing the letter idea. xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...