Tuesday, May 12, 2015

James' First Birthday

IMG_4004

IMG_4146


5

.

IMG_6871

IMG_4203

IMG_4158

IMG_4138

IMG_4113

James is officially one today! I still can't believe it - my baby has grown into a little boy!

We had his party on Sunday (mother's day here in Australia) and as you can probably guess we went with a Winnie the Pooh theme. I started planning his birthday months ago haha. It was fun to organise although the day before and the day of were pretty exhausting! I think it was worth it though, as it was a fun afternoon for my little guy and everyone had a great time.

Unfortunately the weather was pretty miserable. We originally planned to have the party inside and outside (as our place is tiny) but squeezing us all inside and away from the rain, didn't end up being as bad as I thought it would be.

I set up my first ever lolly buffet and I'm really happy with how it turned out. As I mentioned earlier I'd love to start a small lolly buffet business, so this was my first step towards doing so. My gorgeous and talented friend Carol made the beehive cookies and smash cake - they looked amazing and tasted even better! We did a smash cake shoot the next day with James which was soo cute! I'll do a separate post on that soon.

I definitely think that James' 1st birthday party was a success. I have to be honest though, it was a lot more stressful than I had imagined a 1 year old's party to be.. but that's probably just my personality! I tend to get stressed about having everything perfect which, let's face it, it never is.. especially when there are babies involved!

xx

4 comments:

  1. 1 already it just feels like yesterday that he was born. It looks like a fun day was had by all and he looks so cute in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been a year already!

    The party looks fantastic - love all the food and you decorated so well! I've got little pegs as I'm planning to decorate with the monthly progress photos of baby around the house for his birthday too! I need to get a wriggle on, it's coming up soon!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great party! Happy Bday, James! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...!!! What a handsome little guy. Glad your party went well.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...